One of the questions I get asked most is what do I eat for breakfast? A lot of times people assume because you decide to eat vegetarian or vegan theres nothing left to eat. I am here to show you that is absolutely not true! This recipe is quick, healthy, and tasty. It’s a great substitute for scrambled eggs. You can eat this on a bagel, toast, in a burrito and make a breakfast burrito. The options are endless. This is also a meal the whole family would love to eat. Read below for the recipe. Be sure to subscribe at vefitlife.com to stay up to do date with new recipes and healthy tips!
Breakfast Tofu Scramble
A quick and easy breakfast
– 1 container of firm tofu
– 2 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
– 1 red bell pepper chopped
-1/2 white onion
-2 cloves garlic
– 1 tsp pink himalayan salt
-1 tsp ground black pepper
-3 to 5 red pepper flakes
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1.Remove the tofu from the package. Place on a towel and pat dry. Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
2.Pour olive oil in skillet. Add chopped onions, garlic, and red pepper cook 4-5 minutes or until the garlic and onion starts to brown slightly.
3. Add the block of tofu. Immediately using a spatula begin to break the tofu into small crumbles. Just like you would do scrambled eggs. Cook on medium for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking to the skillet.
4. Sprinkle your tofu mix with all of your seasonings and scramble the mixture.
5. Once most of the water is cooked out of the tofu add the nutritional yeast and fold it into the tofu. Continue cooking for 1-2 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Tip: You can top your tofu scramble with sliced avocado, salsa, shredded cheese, vegan sour cream, pico, and much more! Enjoy!
To stay up to date on healthy tips and vegetarian recipes be sure to subscribe to the VeFit mailing list!