Vegetarian Beans and Rice
A quick and easy dinner
– 1 small green bell pepper chopped
– 2 tbsp olive oil
-1 tbsp maple syrup
– 2 cups cooked white rice (if you cook 1 cup dried rice it will be approximately 3 cups cooked)
-1 8oz can tomato sauce ( I used a basil and garlic version)
-1 tsp cumin
– 1 1/2 cups kidney beans (can be canned or made)
-1 1/2 cups black beans
-1 tbsp black pepper
-1 tbsp pink himalayan salt
-1/2 tbsp Mrs. Dash table blend
-2 tbsp chilli powder
-1/2 white onion chopped
-2 garlic cloves chopped
1.Pour olive oil in skillet. Cook chopped onions, garlic, and green pepper 4-5 minutes or until the garlic and onion starts to brown slightly.
2. In a medium pot add all ingredients except your rice. Stir and simmer for 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat. If you are cooking rice do that at this time.
4. Pour rice in a bowl and top with the beans and vegetables. Enjoy!
You can top your bowl off with vegan sour cream, cheese, or avocado.
To stay up to date on healthy tips and vegetarian recipes be sure to subscribe to the VeFit mailing list!